Thursday, July 20, 2006

Did I Order A B?

Maybe I just take too much for granted.

I just got back from Blimpie's, where I ordered a 12-inch BLT. The employee who took my order promptly placed the bacon in the microwave, and then when the dinger dinged, she took out the cooked bacon, laid it neatly on the bread, and asked what I wanted on my sandwich.

You see where this is going, don't you?

I said I wanted mayo, because really, what else would you put on a BLT? She squirted mayo all up and down the bottom piece of bread, and then closed the sandwich.

At which point I had to fake surprise and pretend I had a sudden revelation: "Oh, let's go ahead and put lettuce and tomato on there, too."

Should you really have to request lettuce and tomato when you order a BLT? It's like to going to McDonalds and asking for a Quarter Pounder with Cheese with cheese.

No comments: