Sunday, October 09, 2005

Pictures From Vacation, Part 2

This is Pass Lake, which you have to pass on your way to Sleeping Giant. This shot was taken from the patio of a restaurant called Karen's Kountry Kitchen--may I recommend the lasagna and Caesar salad.















I wish I would have been able to get this picture while the bear was still in the tree, but I didn't know how well he'd take direction so I didn't ask him to get back up there. I had to wait a few minutes for him to poke his head up far enough to be able to tell it's a bear. Of course, if the picture isn't large enough to tell it's a bear, then please enjoy the shot of this lovely scrub pasture.















Me climbing, or rather sitting, on big rocks at Silver Bay Marina on the way back. There had been storms the night before, there was a great chill in the air, and the waves were crashing nicely. An angry lake is even more interesting and no less beautiful than a calm one.















Finally, out in the distance you can see the same rock the gulls were hanging out on three days before. (See the first picture in the post below.)

No comments: